The Firebrigades and the fire fighters in European Union provide an enourmous amount of experience and knowledge. They are ready 24/7 to help and protect the citizens in the EU states.
EFFUA as an organization is capable of influence decision-makers within EU commission, to make sure that the Firefighters working environment are secure and that the Fire fighters have adequate insurance, education, working hours, salories and benifits.
EU citizen should expect equal service from the Fire and Rescuer organisations within the European Union.
• independent trade unionism for the fire fighting profession in all countries of the world.
• full trade union rights for fire fighters in all countries.
the highest standards of fire fighting professionalism in order to achieve the highest level of community safety in all countries.
• the best levels of remuneration, working conditions and retirement pension provision for fire fighters throughout the world.
• the highest standards of safety for fire fighters in all countries, through the adoption of safe working practices, staffing standards and the provision of the best available equipment.
• the social and economic rights of its retirees, including health care and preservation of the value of pensions.
Seek to ensure that the fire fighting profession and consequently fire fighter unions are representative of the communities that they serve throughout the world; and to vigorously oppose discrimination on grounds of religion, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital status, disability, age or trade union activity.